Tel. +49 6541 8157050
Built around 1350 by Count Johann III., one of the sons of the legendary Countess Loretta, Grevenburg castle was the ancestral seat of the Counts of Sponheim until 1437. It changed hands no fewer than 13 times during the wars and turmoil of the 17th an
d 18th centuries, before being conquered and destroyed by the French in 1734.The castle ruins have a restaurant and a garden with glorious views of the Moselle.