Cycling in the Moselle region
You can cycle in five stages, from the Saarburger Land on the Middle Moselle and Trier to the fabled Untermosel. And, upon request, you can do this without luggage.
Day 1: Arrival in Merzig.
Day 2: Bike tour along the Saar from Merzig to Saarburg (about 35 km).
Day 3: Bike tour from Saarburg to the holiday region “Römische Weinstraße” (about 40 km).
Day 4: Bike tour to Bernkastel-Kues (about 50 km).
Day 5: Bike tour from Bernkastel-Kues to Zell (Mosel) (about 42 km).
Day 6: Bike tour from Zell (Mosel) to Cochem (about 35 km), boat trip to Cochem, bike tour from Cochem to Treis-Karden (about 12 km).
Day 7: Stay in Treis-Karden, hike to Burg Eltz.
Day 8: Departure.
Arrival: Sunday to Merzig
Departure: Sunday from Treis-Karden
- 7 x B & B in selected houses, rooms with shower / WC (Merzig, Saarburg, site of the “Römische Weinstraße”, Bernkastel-Kues, Zell (Mosel), 2 x Treis-Karden)
- 1 x Boat trip from Beilstein to Cochem, including bike transport on the ship (only end of April to end of October)
- 1 x Entry Burg Eltz (only 1.4. to 1.11.)
- 1 x Regional three-course meal
- 1 x Bike map "Moselle Bike Trail" at a scale of 1:50,000 (1 per room)
- Folder containing all relevant information (1 per group)
Price per person*
Season 1: DR 416,- €, SR 523,- €
Season 2: DR 434,- €, SR 541,- €
Season 1: January to end of May and November to end of December
Season 2: End of April to end of October
Extra charge for luggage transportation (fixed price)
68,- € per person (until 3 person)
46,- € per person (from 4 person)
(1 piece of luggage of up to 20 kg per person)
7-speed hub or 21-speed derailleur, 5 days, including provision in the accommodation in Merzig and return in the accommodation in Treis-Karden: 90,- € per bike.
Booking code: MOSP 1911
The city of Bernkastel-Kues will charge a guest contribution of € 1.50 per person and night (not for children and adlolescents under the age of 18 years), which needs to be paid in addition to the accommodation / travel price, on site to the host.