Photo gallery

Map

Alte Kirche in Wehlen

Alte Kirche
Hauptstraße
54470 Bernkastel-Kues

Tel. 0049 6531 2205
Fax 0049 6531 989725


Email
Internet

Description

According to sources of the Brotherhood of St Sebastian, the first church building in this place was demolished in 1668 due to dilapidation. A second parish church was erected in its place within a year - today's "Old Church". The round arched portal of the tower displays the date of 1669. On the closing stone, there is a decorative frame with the electoral coat of arms. The “Old Church” could no longer host the ever-increasing number of worshippers, which is why it was sold and secularized after construction of St Agatha parish church in 1867.