Photo gallery

Map

Bleidenberg Chapel

Tourist-Information Sonnige Untermosel
Moselstraße 7
56332 Alken

Tel. (0049) 2605 8472736


Email
Internet

Description

The Holy Trinity Chapel on Bleidenberg hill was built in the 10th or 11th century and the Holy Trinity procession from Oberfell to Bleidenberg has taken place since 1250. In 1093 Maria Laach Benedictine Abbey came into the possession of the Bleidenberg

court in Oberfell. The early- romanesque chapel was destroyed in 1246 and rebuilt in 1248.