The property consisted of both land and buildings. The main building dates from the year 1742. The coat of arms shows the regalia of the Carthusian Order. The letters “O C” stand for “Ordo Cartusiensis”. The grange owned by the monastery includes vineyards, fields, a wine grower’s house with a press and a wine cellar (at St. Martinstraße 87), as well as a building comprising the tithe barn and a large silo (at In der Dur 15). The estate was managed by courtiers. In addition, the charterhouse collected the fruit and wine tithes from the residents of the village. The influence of the Carthusian monastery of Trier peaked in the 14th century, when the parish of St Martin was incorporated. It acquired the right of patronage. In the Late Middle Ages, the “Karthäuserhof” (Carthusian Farm) acquired greater influence than the much older “Mettlacher Hof”. The “Allerheiligen-Kapelle” (Chapel of All Saints) remained the link between the two. Breit House (at In der Dur 15) The Karthäuserhof had its barn on this site. The cereals were thrashed here and the yield of the 2/3 of the fruit tithe which the monasterial grange was entitled to were stored in the attic. On these grounds, the building was also known as the “Zehntscheune” (tithe barn). Ertz House (at St. Martinstraße 87) The grand residential dwelling (at St. Martinstraße 87) dates back to 1794 and was part of the Karthäuserhof until 1801. It exhibits some typical features of old wine grower’s houses. A solid construction of quarry stones forms the cellar, the ground- and the upper floor. A simple half-timbered wall can be seen on the older gable end. The large mansard roof and the half-hipped roof on the gable end are striking features. The delicate oriel has a decorative function. Another feature typical of a wine grower’s house is the cellar entrance in the inner yard. The cellar of the former monasterial wine estate is well-preserved.