From 1700 to 1710, Minheim was badly struck by the plague. The believers sought refuge in prayer and appealed to the plague saints Sebastian and Rochus as well as to the Mother of God and Jesus Christ. In gratitude for being spared, the surviving inhabitants of Minheim erected a plague chapel from 1710 to 1718 at the village exit to Klausen, which was demolished during expansion works on the district road in 1966. In 1989, as a visible symbol of gratitude to the ancestors, a new pest chapel was built “auf der Lay” by the municipality of Minheim. In the chapel, you can see: - a relief of the Holy Family from 1685 - the pietà above the door from 1780 - a Mother Teresa statue by Otmar Becker from 1989. Parts of the Cross (from the bottom up): - 2 parts of limestone from the early 17th century - the middle part made of sandstone from Wittlich from the 2nd half of the 18th century - the upper part and the cast-iron cross from the 2nd half of the 19th century.