This two-storey shale quarry stone building was erected in 1906. Its well-presented middle section reflects the self-confidence of the bourgeoisie at the beginning of the 20th century. The municipal coat of arms of Saarburg is located in the arch portal. A glockenspiel from the Mabilon bell foundry rings out every half and full hour. Today’s Fruchtmarkt (Fruit market) on the opposite side was the former site of the prime gate to the city, called „die Purt“ (the gate).