Photo gallery

Map

St. Castor collegiate church

Stiftskirche St. Castor
St. Castor-Str. 2
56253 Treis-Karden


Internet

Description

The mighty towers of St Castor's Church, formerly the collegiate church and now the parish church, dominate the village. The ornate interior includes a late-Gothic altar shrine depicting the worship of the Three Wise Men (around 1420, terracotta) and a baroque organ with three keyboards made by Johann Michael Stumm in 1728. The Museum of Religious History is housed in the renovated former canons' tithe house. The museum documents the 2,000-year history of the town and has finds from the Celtic, Roman and Frankish periods.