Sights & tourist destinations in Bernkastel-Kues
Stadt- und Panoramabahn
On a tour with the scenic train your will have a wonderful panoramaview of the city and the Moselle, interesting sights, old timber-framed houses amidst a beautiful town characterized by wine-growing culture. Furthermore you will get intersting information on the history and legends of the city.
The scenic train heads for the following sights:
- Moselle Wine Museum
- St. Nicholas’ Hospital: Jewel of late-medieval architecture, founded by Nicholas of Cusanus in 1475, oldest hospice of Germany still in use
- Timberwork: Timber-framed houses, magnificent historical buildings - a town full of surprises
- Market Square: romantic gem (16th/17th century) with picturesque ensemble of timber-framed buildings, town hall and St. Michaels Fountain
- Doctor Fountain: Magnificent bronze reliefs tell the legend of the famous “Doctor Wine”
- St. Michael: A landmark of the town is the church tower originally built as fortified tower in 1300
- Cusanus’ Birthplace: Today a museum dedicated to the life and work of the great scholar and most famous son of town: Nicholas of Cusa
- Fiers Chapel: Picturesque chapel of the 17th century, amidst vineyards
- Panorama of Bernkastel-Kues
Opening hours 2020:
The Stadt- und Panoramabahn runs daily from 01 May - end of October every full hour from 11.00 - 17.00 (except 13.00).