Saar and Upper Moselle Day
At 9 a.m., your qualified guide will meet you in the hotel lobby to begin the excursion by your bus to the Upper Moselle and the Saar. After you journey past one of the world’s most valuable vineyards (Scharzhofberg), bizarre rock formations, and the burial chapel of the blind King John of Bohemia, you reach Mettlach, headquarters of the porcelain and ceramics manufacturer Villeroy & Boch. The “Keravision Show” is narrated by Sir Peter Ustinov. The show informs about the global company and provides you with a look into the production of the “white gold.” Attractive shopping opportunities are available in the Mettlach Outlet Center next door.
A lunch of tasty Saarland specialties will be served in the near-by Abteibrauerei brewery. After lunch, a boat excursion takes you on a cruise around the famous Saar Loop. Then the coach brings you to the medieval town of Saarburg, with a waterfall in the heart of the Old Town. Following a guided tour, you return to Trier. In the evening, you can indulge in an exclusive 4-course “Wine&Dine” dinner with appropriate wines for each course.
Included building blocks:
- Guided full-day excursion (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), Price: 200 € (German); 210 € (foreign language)
- Admission to “Keravision Show“, Price: 2 € per person (Minimum number of participants: 10)
- Lunch “stuffed dumplings Saarlandstyle” in the private brewery “Mettlacher Abteibräu”; Price: 7.90 € per person (Minimum number of participants: 10)
- Boat cruise around the Saar Loop, Price: 10 € per person, 9.50 € per person (as of 20 persons), 9 € per person (as of 40 persons); 1 free for every 40 paying guests
- Wine&Dine dinner (4-courses) with appropriate wines to each course, Price: starting at 55 € per person (Minimum number of participants: 10)